What can Disney’s Animal Kingdom Teach Us About Stories?*

I came across this very cool article in a Public Relations trade magazine for work. It’s got some fantastic insights for writers as well.

The interview is with Jon Rohde, senior vice president and creative executive of Walt Disney Imagineering. He explains his belief that each of our lives is, in itself, a story.

Then, he goes on to talk about the importance of plot, theme and structure.

I especially love his third and closing paragraphs. Enjoy!

Jon Rohde Interview

*For this question, I would have accepted multiple answers. A) A lot! B) I'm not sure but let's take a trip there to find out! C) Hold on, I'm in the middle of watching the Lion King...I'll get back to you. If you answered with any of the above, you are correct. :)

4 comments:

  1. Is there anything better than Disney? Thanks for the article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely have to check it out.

    Did you see that "Beauty and the Beast" is being re-released in theatres? OH my stars, I almost cried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David and Bess - Hope you guys find it interesting. He's got a unique perspective, and I love how he weaves the importance of story throughout.

    Bess, I KNOW! The calendar has a big red circle around that one!

    ReplyDelete